I had a sad call on Wednesday from Mum and Dad to say that Scottie had died. Oh dear. Pets are so much a part of the family and they leave a big empty space when they’ve gone.
I thought I would write a bit of a tribute to him in my most favoured format; a list.
So here is a list of the 10 things I loved most about Scottie.
- He made Mum and Dad happy.
- He was a really friendly cat.
- He never forgot me when I moved away.
- He used to meow without making any noise.
- He didn’t expend energy unnecessarily. So Mum and Dad still needed mouse traps in the house. (I mean – why would you chase a mouse when if you just looked at your Dad he’d give you a treat?)
- He was a really good looking cat.
- He liked his food. I can associate with that.
- He was a medical miracle conquering both leukaemia and diabetes.
- He let me pick him up and hold him. On his terms, of course.
- And I love the story about Dad and me going out together and finding him.
Rest in peace, Scottie.