Another year where the festivities just flew by. Here are some of the highlights of Christmas this year in no particular order:
- Snow on boxing day night! It was gone by the next day though…
- Various FaceTime sessions with Canada – always a highlight.
- Tracking Santa Claus on the internet with Ella on Christmas Eve. He was off the coast of Africa at the time.
- Having fun spending my Christmas money online in the couple of days after getting it.
- A lovely traditional Christmas meal at Jayne’s – turkey with all the trimmings.
- Managing success while building one of the robots that we bought for the kids for Christmas – I had to follow instructions and everything.
- A beautiful, frosty walk up Bidston Hill yesterday.
- Starting the TV series, “House of Cards” on Netflix – what a strange (but entertaining) show that has turned out to be.
- Making Reveillon Tourtiere for Lin and Denis to great reviews. (They may have been my own…)
- Decorating a non-traditional Christmas cake with the kids. It didn’t quite look like the picture that was included in the recipe sent from Canada but I reckon it tasted a lot sweeter…
- Stella opening her presents. Now that was one excited dog and the *X-Box* was a great success.
- Being warm in front of the fire.
- Staying in bed later and later each day of the break – maxing out at 8am. It made the 6am get up this morning quite a shock to the system.
- The most hilarious, beaver related Christmas card from Simon.
And in order to ensure a balanced picture of things, a couple of not so good things:
- Being apart from people we love. Maybe one Christmas we’ll all be together?
- Paul and I both hurting our backs doing silly little movements limiting our walking and general holiday health. I think the situation is much improved now.
- Being afraid to step on the scales after all the feasting and nibbling. Oh dear!
Next stop, New Years. Happy New Year and all the best for 2015.