I neglected this last week – it was my first week at my new job and if that didn’t do enough to a shake up proceedings, I also managed to have some sort of stomach bug/food poisoning which knocked me a bit.
So I’ll summarise the last couple of weeks in a list of activities:
- I started a new job. Everyone is really friendly and helpful and I feel a little bit excited about work again.
- We had Thanksgiving Dinner with some Canadians we know. Pumpkin pie was on the menu. Yum yum.
- I went wedding dress shopping with Emily and really enjoyed the fun of that. She is going to be beautiful no matter which dress she picks.
- We went to see UB40. I was a bit disappointed, I have to say. Watching them didn’t have the same effect on me that it did when I saw them at Canada’s Wonderland.
- I went to see STOMP (again with Emily). It was fun to watch again but I was surprised the show hadn’t changed much since I saw it in Toronto.
- Mum and Dad got a new cat suitably named George. Like Prince George. Living in their house as a cat really is like being born into Royalty.
- I found out I won the Cheshire Life photography competition. Seriously. Unbelievable.
- Josh taught me some Tae Kwon Do moves. It is harder than the kids make it look!
- I walked out to Hilbre Island with Julie, Stuart and the dogs. Stella managed a split lip on the way out which resulted in lots of blood and gave me a bit of a fright at first. She wasn’t bothered at all except when I had to take her ball away from her.
- I went for an interview for my first UK passport and have since received it in the post. That feels a bit weird.
- We walked 16 miles with Denis on the Sandstone Trail which included a stop at Beeston Castle and some ice cream.
- Mum celebrated a very special birthday. J Happy Birthday Mum!
- We had a “bake off” on my last day at my old job. That involved people bringing in cake and me eating it and deciding which one was the best. Can’t be bad.
- Paul and I had a lunch time Thai takeaway – I thought it would be a while before I am able to meet him for lunch so thought we should take advantage of it! I’ll miss our Friday lunches.
- We had our first fire in the stove in the back living room of the season. The room got up to 28C. Oh yes.